Date Approved: September 01 2006
Date Reviewed/Amended: July 31 2019
1. Each year the School District will budget funds for buildings and grounds maintenance, renovation and rejuvenation.
2. The School District will also expend funds received from the Ministry of Education for the purpose of facility renovation and rejuvenation.
3. Projects will be prioritized by taking into account:
• Health & safety concerns;
• Maintenance of roofing;
• Maintenance of heating & ventilation systems;
• Cost reduction initiatives, including energy savings;
• Maintenance of exteriors;
• Maintenance of classrooms; and
• Any other requirements of the Capital Asset Management Framework.
4. Approval of projects and purchases must be in accordance with 7220-30 Tendering for Maintenance and Renovation Projects Regulation.
5. The Director of Operations is responsible for ensuring that facilities are maintained in an efficient and effective manner.