Policies, Regulations Forms and Bylaws
7120-30 | Car Allowances Regulation
Date Approved: September 11 2012
Date Reviewed/Amended: February 17 2017
- The district will pay a car allowance to employees who are authorized to use their personal vehicles on Board business.
- A mileage allowance, subject to Sections 2.2 and 2.3 below, will be paid on actual kilometres driven at the following rates:
- For teachers, at the rate set in the collective agreement; and
- For trustees and all other employees, at the rate set by the BC School Trustees Association.
- The maximum mileage allowance payable will be $280.00 per month for travel within the district.
- A record of mileage must be kept on a daily basis and the record should be available for inspection.
- A claim invoice must be submitted on Form 7120-30A. The claim form should be submitted each month, but may be submitted quarterly or semi-annually. Claim forms from a previous budget year will not be accepted.
- Employees whose travel on Board business exceeds 200 km per month, and who do not wish to record kilometres and claim under Section 2.1 above, can elect to receive a monthly allowance of $133.20. This allowance will be added to their regular pay cheque and will be a taxable benefit.
- Third Party Liability in the minimum amount of $2,000,000 must be carried for all vehicles used by employees in the performance of their duties.
- The incremental cost of additional insurance to:
- Increase the Third Party Liability from $1,000,000 to $2,000,000, and/or
- Change the ICBC insurance coverage rate class from “commuting” to “business” will be paid by the district once each year when submitted on the appropriate claim form.
7120 – Travel and Subsistence Allowance Policy
7120-30A – Invoice for Car Allowance Form
7120 - - Travel and Subsistence Allowance Policy
7120-30A - - Car Allowance - Invoice