Policies, Regulations Forms and Bylaws
4110-52 | Emergency Preparedness - Bomb Threat Preparations
Date Approved: March 13 2012
Date Reviewed/Amended: November 16 2015
1. Application to Hartley Bay School
- The Principal of Hartley Bay school will apply Regulation 4110-50 Emergency Preparedness - Bomb Threat Procedure as appropriate for the school and community.
2. Other Considerations
- During the search procedure and evacuation it is important to
MAINTAIN CALM AUTHORITY - DO NOT ALARM STUDENTS AND STAFF.
- Prepare personnel in advance for the possibility of a bomb threat call. Rehearse procedures.
- If a bomb threat is received the school will be evacuated. This automatic response may be re-evaluated in consultation with the Superintendent if there has been a series of bomb threats.
- News media, if they seek information, will be asked not to give the event "coverage" as such prominence may encourage further threats. (Media will often be very helpful in this regard.) Direct media enquiries to the Superintendent or other Board Office spokesperson.
- For the same reason, no mention of a "bomb threat" should be made to the students during or after the incident.
4110 Emergency Preparedness
4110-50 Emergency Preparedness - Bomb Threat Response
4110-90 Emergency Preparedness - Emergency Drills
4110 - - Emergency Preparedness Policy
4110-50 - - Emergency Preparedness - Bomb Threat Response
4110-90 - - Emergency Preparedness - Emergency Drills