Policies, Regulations Forms and Bylaws
3210-10 | Energy Conservation and Environmental Stewardship Regulation
Date Approved: November 22 2016
Energy Conservation and Environmental Stewardship are guided by the following principles:
- Education leading to behavioral change.
- Integrating environmentally sound considerations into all business decisions.
- Life-cycle thinking in the management of school district assets.
- Encouraging partners, clients, and suppliers to adopt environmentally sustainable practices.
- Promoting in-house alternatives to hazardous materials.
- Investing in studies that support funding applications for facility upgrades that prevent or minimize consumption, conserve energy, and reduce waste.
- Implement equipment and facility upgrades where practicable.
- Continually measure and report the district’s sustainability performance and carbon footprint.
Completing studies and implementing upgrades are subject to the availability of funding.
Effective energy awareness activities, curriculum, training, and programs will be developed and implemented to create a district and community-wide culture of conservation.
Maintenance and renovation projects will include energy efficiency upgrades whenever possible. LEED Gold will be the minimum standard requested for all building construction projects.
Reporting on the district’s sustainability performance and carbon footprint is achieved by complying with the requirements of the Climate Action Secretariat. The school district’s annual Carbon Neutral Action Report will be available on the district’s website.
3210 Energy Conservation and Environmental Stewardship Policy
3220 Buildings and Grounds Projects Policy
3210 - - Energy Conservation and Environmental Stewardship Policy
3220 - - Buildings and Grounds Projects Policy